Skip to main content

Narcissism - The Most Beautiful Art in the World

I believe humans and art are interrelated. We co-exist. We are dovetailed in a way that if one comes out other collapses loses its meaning. It is almost impossible for us to fathom humanity without a tint of art in it. Art is an antidote to our existential pain. It is a relief to our daily life's despair. It is some sort of flickering flame that comes to salvage us from this black-out of banality. You know humming a song sitting near a window seat or doodling some random sketch when you are bored in a classroom or when you get caught up in a beautiful song or a movie or a painting -light on its rapturous beauty that transcends us to a parallel universe. It acts as a tunnel,  a wormhole that sucks us from this end of the world and ejects us to the world of euphoria. The exquisite beauty of art narrows our focus so much that the rest of the world goes dim.
narcissism

And having said about its beauty brings up a very vital question in my mind. Which is the most beautiful art in the world? What is that masterpiece, that master painting that captivates most of our attention? Who is that divinely artifact that bewitches our eyes and by the way, it's not the enchanting smile of Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci or a thoughtful starry night by Vincent van Gogh or any magical effect of light and shadow by Rembrandt you know what is it. It is you, it is me it's us. For every human it's own face is the most beautiful art in the world and I'm not being a narcissist here. This is a data-driven fact. You know average human look into mirror 25 to 30 minutes a day which is more than a year in a lifetime. Perhaps in our generation selfie has proved it all.  You know the numerous clicks we take of our face shows that great admiration we have for ourselves. You know every snap we take is a desire to behold that impermanent beauty of our face and immortalize in the form of a pixel where it defies the entropy of nature.

Build Book Reading Habit With Kindle


narcissism

read more - The sense of self - The Identity Crisis

No matter how magnificent lane you are crossing by but even if there is the faintest reflection of your face in any corner you will leave everything and look at your face. If I put you in a room full of master paintings and a mirror with all of it you may or may not take a glance and all the paintings but you will for sure at least once go in front of the mirror and see yourself. We get bored of people, places, movies, songs, paintings but we never get bored of our own face what is this if not love with age we may have wrinkles and freckles all over face, that young beauty may fade away but the desire to see ourselves never recede an inch. You know at the moment of my death if someone asks me for my last wish I will ask him to get me a mirror let me see myself for the very last time. Let me make love with my body which sheltered me for so many years. I know this may appear to be an excessive self-obsession, maybe I am, maybe we are the self-obsessed being who knows, maybe that narcissus still residing in some corner of our psyche. So if you want to make the most beautiful part of the world. Draw yourself therein lies the beauty




Help this blog sustain - Donate One time or Monthly




Comments